Zofloks user's manual
Please draw your attention to the fact that before buying a drug Zooflox, you should carefully read the instructions for use, the methods of application and dosage, as well as other useful information on the preparation Zoflox. On the site "Encyclopaedia of Diseases" you will find all the necessary information: instructions for proper use, recommended dosage, contraindications, as well as reviews of patients who have already used this medication.
Composition and form of release
Zofloks - solution for infusion:
1 liter of the solution contains ofloxacin 2 g, excipients: sodium chloride; water for injection - up to 1 liter;
in bottles of dark glass of 100 ml; in a pack of cardboard 1 bottle.
1 tab. contains ofloxacin 200 and 400 mg, excipients: corn starch or potato starch; ICC; talc; polyvinylpyrrolidone low molecular weight; magnesium or calcium stearate; aerosil; in the package 5 and 10 pcs.
Zofloks - Pharmacological action
Zoflox is an antimicrobial agent of the group of fluoroquinolones of a wide spectrum of action. The bactericidal effect of ofloxacin is associated with the blockade of the DNA-gyrase enzyme in bacterial cells.
Zoflox is highly active against most Gram-negative bacteria: Escherichia coli, Salmonella spp., Shigella spp., Proteus spp., Morganella morganii, Klebsiella spp. (including Klebsiella pneumoniae), Enterobacter spp., Serratia spp., Citrobacter spp., Yersinia spp., Providencia spp., Haemophilus influenzae, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Neisseria meningitidis, Mycoplasma spp., Legionella pneumophila, Acinetobacter spp., as well as Chlamydia spp.
Zoflox is also active against certain Gram-positive microorganisms (including Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp. / Especially beta-hemolytic streptococci).
To ofloxacin moderately sensitive Enterococcus faecalis, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Pseudomonas spp.
Ofloxacin is not sensitive to anaerobic bacteria (except Bacteroides ureolyticus).
Resistant to the action of β-lactamases.
Zofloks - Pharmacokinetics
After ingestion quickly and completely absorbed from the digestive tract. Eating slightly affects the degree of absorption, but it can slow down its speed. Cmax in blood plasma is achieved after 2 hours.
Binding to proteins - 25%. Ofloxacin widely distributed in tissues and body fluids (organs of the urinary system, genitals, prostate, lungs, ENT organs, gall bladder, bones, skin).
It is excreted unchanged in urine (about 80% in 24 hours). The concentration of ofloxacin in urine was significantly higher than the MIC90 for most microorganisms after taking the last dose (300 mg 2 r / day for 14 days). A small part of the active substance (about 4%) is excreted with feces. T1 / 2 is 6 hours. In elderly patients with CK, an average of 50 ml / min may increase T1 / 2 to 13.3 hours.
Zofloks - Indications for use
Infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to ofloxacin, including: diseases of the lower respiratory tract, ear, throat, nose, skin, soft tissues, bones, joints, infectious and inflammatory diseases of the abdominal cavity (with the exception of bacterial enteritis ) and small pelvis, infection of the kidneys and urinary tract, prostatitis , gonorrhea .
Zofloks - Dosing regimen
Individual. The daily dose is 200-800 mg, the frequency of application for patients with impaired renal function (KK 20-50 ml / min), the first dose is 200 mg, then 100 mg every 24 hours. At CC less than 20 ml / min, the first dose is 200 mg, then 100 mg every 48 hours.
Zofloks - Side effect
• From the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system: insomnia, dizziness , fatigue, drowsiness, nervousness; rarely cramps, anxiety, cognitive changes, depression , pathological dreams, euphoria, hallucinations, paresthesia, syncope, tremor, confusion, nystagmus, suicidal thoughts or attempts, disorientation, psychotic reactions, paranoia, phobia, agitation, aggressiveness, emotional lability, peripheral neuropathy, ataxia , impaired coordination, exacerbation of extrapyramidal disorders, speech impairment.
• On the part of the digestive system: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, pain and abdominal cramps, impaired appetite, dry mouth, flatulence, gastrointestinal disturbances, constipation; rarely - violations of the liver, liver necrosis, jaundice, hepatitis, intestinal perforation, pseudomembranous colitis, bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract, mucosal disorders of the oral cavity, heartburn, increased activity of hepatic enzymes, including GGT and LDH, increased serum bilirubin levels.
• On the part of the reproductive system: itching in the area of the external genitalia in women, vaginitis , discharge from the vagina ; rarely - burning, irritation, pain and rash in the genital area of women, dysmenorrhea , menorrhagia , metrorrhagia , vaginal candidiasis .
• On the part of the urinary system: rarely - dysuria, increased urination, urinary retention, anuria, polyuria, kidney stones, kidney failure, nephritis, hematuria, albuminuria, candiduria.
• From the musculoskeletal system: rarely - arthralgia, myalgia, tendonitis , muscle weakness, myasthenia exacerbation.
• On the part of metabolism: rarely - thirst, weight loss, hyper- or hypoglycemia (especially in patients with diabetes, receiving insulin or oral hypoglycemic agents), acidosis , increase in serum TG, cholesterol, potassium.
• On the part of the respiratory system: rarely - cough, discharge from the nose, respiratory arrest, dyspnea, bronchospasm, stridor.
• From the senses: rarely - hearing impairment, tinnitus, diplopia, nystagmus , impaired clarity of visual perception, violation of taste, smell, photophobia.
• Dermatological reactions: rarely - photosensitivity, hyperpigmentation, vesicle-bullous eruptions.
• On the part of the hematopoiesis system: rarely - anemia , bleeding, pancytopenia, agranulocytosis , leukopenia , reversible suppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis, thrombocytopenia , thrombocytopenic purpura , petechiae , ecchymosis, increased prothrombin time.
• Allergic reactions: skin rash, itching; rarely - angioedema, hives , vasculitis , allergic pneumonitis, anaphylactic shock , erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome , erythema nodosum , exfoliative dermatitis, toxic epidermal necrolysis, conjunctivitis.
Other: pain in the chest, pharyngitis, fever, pain in the body; rarely - asthenia, chills, general malaise, epistaxis, increased sweating.
Zoflox - Contraindications
Pregnancy , lactation, children and adolescents under 18, hypersensitivity to ofloxacin or other quinolone derivatives.
Zoflox during pregnancy and lactation
Contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation.
In experimental studies, no negative effect on fertility in rats was detected.
Application for violations of liver function
Use with caution in patients with impaired hepatic function.
Application for violations of kidney function
Use with caution in patients with impaired renal function.
Zoflox - Application in children
Contraindicated in children and adolescents under 18 years.
Use with caution in patients with impaired renal and hepatic function.
During the period of treatment, it is required to monitor blood glucose levels. With prolonged therapy, it is necessary to periodically monitor the functions of the kidneys, liver, and the picture of peripheral blood.
When using ofloxacin should provide sufficient hydration of the body, the patient should not be exposed to ultraviolet radiation.
In experimental studies, a mutagenic potential was not detected. Long-term studies to determine the carcinogenicity of ofloxacin were not performed.
In studies on young animals of several species ofloxacin caused arthropathy and osteochondrosis .
Safety and efficacy in children and adolescents under the age of 18 years have not been established.
Impact on the ability to drive vehicles and manage mechanisms
Use with caution in patients whose activities are associated with the need for high concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
Zofloks - Interaction with medicinal products
When used simultaneously with antacids containing calcium, magnesium or aluminum, with sucralfate, with preparations containing bivalent and trivalent cations such as iron, or with multivitamins containing zinc, absorption of quinolones may be impaired, leading to a decrease in their concentration in the body. These drugs should not be used within 2 hours before or within 2 hours after taking ofloxacin.
With the simultaneous use of ofloxacin and NSAIDs, the risk of developing a stimulating effect on the central nervous system and seizures is increased.
With simultaneous application with theophylline it is possible to increase its concentration in the blood plasma (including in the equilibrium state), an increase in the half-life. This increases the risk of adverse reactions associated with the action of theophylline.
With the simultaneous use of ofloxacin with beta-lactam antibiotics, aminoglycosides and metronidazole, additive interaction is noted.
Analogues of Zoflox
Absence of direct sunlight;
Complete lack of access for children;
Normal value of air humidity.
The recommended storage temperature is within room temperature.
Recommended shelf life:
in the form of tablets - for three years;
in the form of a solution for injection - for two years.
We want to pay special attention to the fact that the description of the drug Zoaflox is for informational purposes only! For more accurate and detailed information about the drug Zoaflox, please refer exclusively to the manufacturer's annotation! Do not self-medicate! You should definitely consult a doctor before starting the drug!