Types and treatment of arthritis
Arthritis is a disease of the joints, which is accompanied by their inflammation (the joints become hot to the touch, swell, the skin turns red). In this case, a person experiences pain in them and there is a restriction in the movement
Quite often arthritis occurs as a result of closed or open joint damage, with frequent recurring minor injuries, hypothermia, systematic physical stress.
- Infectious origin of arthritis. The so-called reactive arthritis, which is caused by various infections (urinary, intestinal, etc.).
Deterioration of nutrition of joints in consequence of metabolic disorders can also be one of the causes of arthritis
Affected arthritis joint hurts, local temperature of soft tissues rises, stiffness in movement is observed, swelling and redness appear. Perhaps the emergence of clinical manifestations of autoimmune processes (general weakness and fever) and general intoxication. In the analysis results, there is an increase in the number of leukocytes and ESR, and the presence of a c-reactive protein can also be observed.
Timely and accurate diagnosis is made difficult by the uniformity of the symptom-complex with different etiologies of the disease. , кожных покровов (высыпания и пр.) For proper diagnosis, an important role is played by concomitant arthritis signs - the state of the respiratory tract, kidneys, heart , skin (rashes, etc.)
Affects the largest joints, which is the greatest load: shoulder, elbow, knee, ankle. It is marked by swelling, pain, and often hemorrhage into the joint cavity.
Acute purulent arthritis
With this type of arthritis, mainly the ankle, elbow, wrist, shoulder, hip and knee joints are affected. Symptoms of acute purulent arthritis:
- Lack of mobility, weakness, chills and fever.
- Constant pain in the affected joint and severe pain when trying to move in it.
- Increased local temperature and redness of the joint.
- Disturbance of limb function.
- Edema of the periarticular tissues.
Arthropathy or psoriatic arthritis is observed in seven percent of patients with psoriasis. Most often with this type of art, the interphalangeal joints of the feet and hands are affected.
while swelling and soreness in the joint area is observed, and the skin above it becomes purple-cyanotic.
Arthritis in Ulcerative Colitis
Arthritis in ulcerative colitis most often occurs with exacerbation or with complicated forms of the disease. Primarily affects the hip and shoulder joints. The color of the skin above the affected joint is practically unchanged.
всегда развивается на фоне провоцирующих факторов: нервное потрясение, физическое напряжение, переохлаждению, чрезмерному употреблению алкоголя. Gouty arthritis always develops on the background of provoking factors: nervous shock, physical stress, hypothermia, excessive alcohol consumption. Characterized by increased local temperature, redness, swelling and sharp pain in the affected joint
The basis for the treatment of arthritis is the treatment of the disease that caused it. Methods of treating arthritis are divided into:
- Pharmacological methods of treatment are: the use of anti-inflammatory non-steroid ointments, creams and gels; intra-articular injection of glucocorticosteroids.
- Non-medical methods of treatment are: selection of orthopedic footwear, reduction of joint loads, getting rid of bad habits, therapeutic gymnastics, massage, hydrotherapy, acupuncture and electric stimulation of muscles.
- Surgical methods of treatment or arthroplasty are used only in the most neglected forms of arthritis
Treatment of infectious arthritis
With conventional infectious arthritis, only a few days of inpatient treatment are required. And then in the period from several weeks to several months, you should take prescribed medications together with physiotherapy sessions
Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
Existing modern methods of treatment can not completely cure rheumatoid arthritis. However, due to the timely correct diagnosis, it is possible to improve the function of joints, reduce inflammation and thereby prevent disability of the patient. For the qualitative treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, two types of medications are used:
- Hormones and aspirin. They reduce pain and relieve inflammation.
- Basic preparations, in particular methotrexate. They either prevent or prevent the destruction of joints and cause remission.