Symptoms of an allergy
A person who has been suffering from an allergic disease for a long time, the first signs of an allergy recognizes without much difficulty, but those who have been overtaken recently and, as usual, always unexpectedly, should learn to distinguish allergic symptoms from manifestations of other diseases. In addition, due to knowledge of the signs of allergy, you can learn to quickly identify a substance or a product that causes such an immune response of the body.
Subjective and objective signs of food allergy in children are highly individual. As a rule, with allergies, three organs are affected: the intestine, skin and respiratory tract, while some signs are easily recognized, while others cause serious diagnostic difficulties due to increased volatility and similarity with the symptoms of other diseases.
Signs of allergies affecting the brain and central nervous system: insomnia, fear, anxiety, irritability, headache , crying (in children), tenderness of joints and muscles, increased activity.
The time of development of signs of food allergy in children is different: when some symptoms appear almost immediately after entering the body of a provoking allergen, others on the contrary can appear after hours or days. Over time, allergic manifestations usually change: more often the course of the disease becomes easier, although sometimes serious deterioration occurs. Symptoms of an allergy in children usually disappear without a trace in adolescence.
The signs of allergy in adults can be both local and general. To the local signs, manifested strictly individually, include allergic salute, dark circles under the eyes, near the tip of the nose, a transverse fold, folds near the lower eyelids, barrel chest and geographical language. Common symptoms are as follows:
• In the absence of a rise in body temperature, a runny nose and cough appear. Usually, these signs are accompanied by pruritus of the nose and eye
• Appearance of an itchy rash of any kind
• There is usually swelling of the extremities and / or face, although any organ can be affected
Each specific type of allergy has its own symptomatology, similar in general, but different in particular. So, the symptoms of an allergy to dust differ from the manifestations of allergy to wool. Modern medicine distinguishes a truly huge number of types of allergic reactions, therefore book dust, pollen of plants, wool of various animals, food stuffs and so on may allergise, so if you have allergic symptoms, you should seek qualified help from an allergist.
Symptoms of an allergy in children of the first six months of life are usually manifested by a skin rash that develops against the background of complementary foods (porridge, vegetables), supplementary foods (yolk, cottage cheese) or breastfeeding. Somewhat later or simultaneously with the defeat of the skin, diarrhea and colic occur. Very rarely, gastrointestinal symptoms precede skin symptoms.
In the age interval from six to twelve months, there is an increase in skin manifestations and a wider spread of the allergic process (dermatitis, eczema). There are signs of respiratory disorders: spasmodic cough, signs of suffocation, ear inflammation, nasal coryza. The level of hemoglobin decreases, gastrointestinal symptoms intensify.
Small clinical signs of food allergies in children:
• Violation of sweating. The baby greatly intensifies sweating, often there are so-called "sweat crashes", when for several minutes the child literally sweats later. Typically, such crises occur during the process of feeding with milk or during sleep. Much more sweats the upper part of the trunk and head
• Minor skin changes. There are delimited areas of itchy rash and flaking skin, after the stool around the anus and after eating around the mouth, redness appears. There are intertrigo and crusts on the eyebrows and head, pustular diseases, the temperature of the skin, the subcutaneous tissue and the skin itself become loose
• Increased mucus and salivary formation. To teething, these manifestations have nothing to do with. Due to the development of excessive mucus in the nose and saliva, nasal breathing becomes difficult, the mucous membranes become swollen, salivation ( hypersalivation ) and a runny nose appear. In the case of feeding a child with an overheated or cooled mixture, the inflammation of the nasopharynx is intensified
• Changes in the gastrointestinal tract. In case of an allergic reaction to the products, colic is characteristic (the child is restless, knots bent), an unstable stool with mucus and an abundance of gases. The baby is prone to vomiting, regurgitation, refuses milk formulas. When palpation is often found compacted enlarged liver
• Temperature instability. There may be significant fluctuations in body temperature. Often without signs of infectious diseases, short-term "candles" of fever
• On the part of the nervous system, the baby may have an unprincipled cry at night, sleep and sleep disturbances, moodiness and increased excitability
• Instability of weight. In the case of feeding the baby products with allergenic components, due to a delay in the body of the fluid, he can have unnaturally large increases in body weight. With the intentional or accidental elimination of the allergen from the diet, because of the loss of fluid, the body weight rapidly decreases
• Inclination to respiratory infections. It is manifested by episodes of obstructive bronchitis, frequent respiratory infections, febrile seizures (against the background of high fever), a tendency to develop intestinal infections. Due to intolerance of food components, along with the observed diarrhea, the child often has intestinal infections and intestinal dysbiosis
In conclusion, we consider the signs of the most common allergic reactions.
: хрипы при глубоком вдохе, сухой продолжительный кашель, охриплость голоса, заложенность носа, ринит, насморк, покраснение и раздражение глаз, слезоточивость, чихание. Signs of allergy to wool : wheezing with deep breath, dry prolonged cough, hoarseness, nasal congestion, rhinitis, runny nose, redness and irritation of the eyes, tearing, sneezing. On the face, this kind of allergy is manifested by redness and hives.
: зуд и покраснение кожи, отек открытых участков тела, шелушение и сухость кожи, на груди и лице розоватая сыпь, головная боль, жжение и зуд в ушах, горле и носу, затруднение дыхание, снижение АД. Symptoms of cold allergy : itching and redness of the skin, swelling of open areas of the body, peeling and dry skin, on the chest and face pinkish rash, headache, burning and itching in the ears, throat and nose, difficulty breathing, lowering blood pressure. After a long stay in the open air in cold weather, or after prolonged contact with cold water, the signs of skin allergy are greatly enhanced.
: тошнота, кишечные колики, жжение, зуд в области губ и ротовой полости, диарея, рвота, крапивница , аллергический ринит, дерматит, экзема, потливость, затрудненное дыхание, отек Квинке , потеря сознания, анафилактический шок, лихорадка, снижение артериального давления. Signs of food allergy : nausea, intestinal colic, burning, itching in the lips and mouth, diarrhea, vomiting, urticaria , allergic rhinitis, dermatitis, eczema, sweating, shortness of breath, Quincke's edema , loss of consciousness, anaphylactic shock, fever, pressure.
: чихание, аллергический ринит, гнойный конъюнктивит , вязкие прозрачные выделения из носа, астма, жжение и зуд в носоглотке, головная боль, покраснение белков глаз, слезоточивость, тяжесть в груди, одышка, ухудшение зрения, воспаление дыхательных путей, откашливание вязкой слизи. Symptoms of dust allergies : sneezing, allergic rhinitis, purulent conjunctivitis , viscous clear discharge from the nose, asthma, burning and itching in the nasopharynx, headache, redness of the eye proteins, tearing, chest heaviness, shortness of breath, blurred vision, inflammation of the respiratory tract, coughing viscous mucus.
: высыпания различного характера, покраснение кожи; Signs of a drug allergy : rashes of various types, redness of the skin; urticaria , burning and itching; Quincke's edema, bronchial asthma , runny nose, anaphylactic shock; a strong decrease in blood pressure, conjunctivitis, shortness of breath, pulmonary edema, suffocation; damage to the kidneys and liver; pain in the heart; migraine pain .
: дерматит, экзема, крапивница, кожный зуд, диатез, гнойничковые высыпания, отечность мышц и тканей, анафилактический шок , язвы на слизистых рта. Symptoms of allergy to sweet : dermatitis, eczema, urticaria, pruritus, diathesis, pustular rashes, swelling of muscles and tissues, anaphylactic shock , ulcers on the mucous membranes of the mouth.
: на лице и шее внезапно появляются красные пятна; Symptoms of alcohol allergy : red spots appear on the face and neck; on the legs and hands the areas of the itchy red rash appear; paroxysmal headaches; very fast intoxication; heartburn and seizures of gastritis; blood pressure jumps, nausea, vomiting; similar to dermatitis, scaling and dry skin; fever, fever.