Postpartum period in women
Postpartum period in women - the period of recovery of the female body after childbirth. Favorable postnatal period occurs 6 to 8 weeks. A normal period is considered if the woman's body returns to its usual state, with the exception of the mammary glands, which perform the function of breastfeeding the baby. The physiology of the postpartum period, with a favorable course of labor, is characterized by a normal state of health. Nursing mothers are characterized by good appetite, strong sleep, normal body temperature. In connection with the return to the prenatal position, the diaphragm of the lung capacity increases, the breathing deepens, the heart assumes its position, the pressure, pulse and blood composition normalizes, the uterus assumes its original dimensions. After birth, the inner part of the uterus resembles an open wound with abundant secretions and represents a large muscular sac to one kilogram. And due to the reduction of muscles, it decreases to 50 grams. In the early days, the uterus contracts faster and more painfully, and in the subsequent days it slows down. In the palsy, the restoration of the uterus is faster and less painful. The stretched cervix of the uterus is also restored, the canal narrowing and assuming the same shape after three weeks. After three weeks, the tonus of the ureters is restored. The moment of recovery of menstruation varies depending on the lactation of the baby. Egg maturation in the ovaries occurs after 49 days in non-nursing and 112 days in lactating women. A woman without pathologies can resume her sexual life not earlier than in 6 weeks. A woman after a child with a favorable course is not considered a patient, but care and special treatment is necessary. An important role is played by caring for your body and adherence to hygiene rules. During this period, feelings of motherhood are formed, the behavior of a woman is rearranged. But there are a number of unpleasant moments of a psychological and physical nature
- pathology of the postpartum period (postpartum hypotonic and atonic bleeding, atony of the uterus, rupture of soft tissues in the birth canals, retention of the placenta in the uterus, hematoma, uterine rupture, uterine eversion, tight attachment of the placenta, disruption of the uterus)
- postpartum depression (emotional, as well as behavioral changes in women)
- increases due to complications of up to 38 degrees, the temperature in the postpartum period (inflammation, purulent-septic processes or enhanced lactation - the arrival of milk in the mammary glands)
- the inner surface of the uterus resembles an open wound with abundant secretions (lochia)
- bleeding in the postpartum period lasts up to three weeks and this is the normal course of healing (the first five days bleed profuse bright bloody, 6-10 days abundant brown discharge, 11-15 days of allocation are moderately yellowish, 16-20 days meager whitish
- due to the relaxation of the abdominal press and lethargy of the muscles of the intestine, women are prone to constipation (this is facilitated by hemorrhoids that arise, as well as cracks in the anus), so if necessary every third day an enema
- sagging of the abdomen and lowering of the organs in the abdominal cavity (it is recommended to wear a bandage)
The postpartum period in women is characterized by a flourishing of the function of the mammary glands. On the second day after childbirth, colostrum (a viscous liquid) is secreted, and on the third day milk is produced. The daily amount of milk gradually increases and will gradually decrease by the ninth month after delivery. To prevent the emergence of hypogalactia (decreased milk production), it is necessary to adhere to a clear regime, be sure to get enough sleep, avoid stressful situations and use antibiotics, diuretics, hormones; drink tea with milk after each breast-feeding
Postnatal physical training
Physical exercises should be systematic, which is very important for contraction of the uterus. Their essence is simple and lies in the turns from side to side, pulling the legs to the abdomen, the exercise "scissors," legs, "bike", lifting the pelvis lying on his back. During training, you must be careful not to damage the ligaments and joints. It is important to invent and give gradual loads. Choose a good bra by size, to avoid stretch marks. Have patience and a good result will not keep you waiting.
Food is high in calories, varied, fortified, but with fiber restriction. It is not recommended to overeat. Useful in the diet include boiled veal, chicken fillet, fish; boiled vegetables and fruits; low-fat cottage cheese and yogurt. The food of the woman is gentle, tender, uneasy, with the restriction of salt. Admissible apples, raisins, nuts; apple juice, quince juice, plum juice. Be sure to drink a day to three liters of fluids
Hygiene in the postpartum period
Hygiene of the postpartum period is to protect women from infections. Disease germs can get into the genital area from the nearest parts of the body or hands, dirty objects of everyday life. Therefore it is important to keep clean. Often change and wear cotton underwear, twice daily hygienic water washings of the genitals. The bra should be changed every day and before each feeding wash the breast with soap and after that it is necessary to decant the remains of milk and not to overtax the breasts. Great value after discharge has a visit to a gynecologist. If you have postpartum complications, you must visit the women's consultation.