How to cure an allergy
In order to cure allergies, there are many methods, but perhaps the best of them is to completely exclude contact with the allergen provoking the development of allergic reactions. However, unfortunately very often this can not be achieved for very valid reasons, in these cases antiallergic drugs and specific immunotherapy come to the rescue.
What should be considered when conducting measures to limit contact with a provoking allergen:
- It is simply physically impossible to avoid contact with pollen of plants and molds, but even a short-term decrease in contact with these allergens can significantly improve the overall condition of the patient and delay or completely eliminate the need for drug therapy
- The first necessary measure is the precise identification of a provoking allergen. For this, the patient should go for a complete allergological examination, including a blood test for the presence of specific antibodies, determination of the level of immunoglobulin E, as well as skin tests
- To start the seasonal measures for the timely adoption of preventive measures, it is necessary to know the flowering calendar of seasonal allergenic plants. It is after checking with the flowering calendar, it is sometimes very accurate to determine the causative factor of the allergy
- It is necessary to exclude herbal cosmetics (balms, creams, shampoos, etc.) and completely cancel the reception of phytopreparations
- From the daily diet to completely exclude products with the possible properties of cross-allergens
- From the room where the allergic person is located, you should completely remove live flowers, as well as compositions and bouquets composed of various dry plants
- Practically all medical and diagnostic measures must be carried out not in the season of flowering of allergenic plants
- During the planning of trips or holidays, you should first study the plant flowering calendar in the region chosen for visiting
- If you do not conduct annual pre-seasonal treatment of pollinosis, with the onset of each new flowering season, the disease will be even more difficult
The most optimal, albeit radical, measure for an allergy sufferer is to travel to another climatic zone (and in this zone causative plants should not grow, or the period of their flowering has already ended or has not yet begun) from the permanent residence, at the time of flowering of the allergy-provoking plant. If this is not possible, the following recommendations should be observed:
- During flowering it is necessary to be more indoors
- In the flowering season, you can not go to the dacha, nature, into the forest, etc.
- In the daytime, close all windows tightly, opening them only after heavy rain or overnight (the pollen content in the air in such cases is minimal), while covering the openings with wet gauze or curtains
- In the room for air purification use a cleaner with a controlled humidification function
- If necessary, wear a special respirator or medical mask
- Take a shower more often than usual, especially when coming from the street
- During the flowering period it is necessary to cancel planned operations, preventive vaccinations and vaccinations
How to cure allergy medication?
The main medications and the tactics of treatment are selected strictly individually, taking into account the prevalence of clinical manifestations, severity and individual characteristics of the patient's body. In the treatment of bronchial asthma, allergic conjunctivitis and rhinitis, focus on the current severity.
The basis for the treatment of mild allergy is the ingestion of antihistamines, and the second (Zirtek, Kistin, Claritin) and third (Erius, Telfast, etc.) generations are preferred, which do not affect the reaction rate, attention and do not cause drowsiness. Also, their undoubted advantage is just a single daily intake and the lack of dependence on food intake. In addition, third-generation drugs have fewer side effects, which is especially important when the patient has various cardiovascular and other diseases.
A good addition are antihistamines for the eyes and nose (Allergodyl, Histimet) of topical (local) action, which remove symptoms such as sneezing, nasal discharge, lachrymation and itching, but practically not eliminating nasal congestion. With nasal congestion, short courses show the use of vasoconstrictive local drugs (Galazolin, Naphthyzin, etc.).
In addition, both in drops and in tablets, there are specially developed combination preparations, which combine vasoconstrictor and antihistamine components. Many patients like them very much, but they should be used with extreme caution. they often cause increased blood pressure, palpitations and insomnia.
With a light, but prolonged course of allergies to the nose and eyes in the local dosage form, add cromones (Opticrom, Hycrom, Cromoglin, Lozol, etc.), which can be used in parallel with antihistamines.
In the case of an average severity of allergy, or if the desired effect is not achieved after the above treatment, use of topical corticosteroids (Benarin, Nasobek, etc.) is shown, which, because of their local application, are most effective and how all hormones of systemic action are protected from side effects.
In severe disease, topical hormonal drugs are used in high therapeutic doses
How to cure allergy by other methods
Sufficiently significant help in the treatment of allergies can be provided by such non-medicinal therapeutic methods as homeopathy, special breathing exercises, physiotherapy methods and restorative procedures, climatotherapy, sanatorium treatment, electro acupuncture, acupressure and acupuncture.
. Specific immunotherapy . This method of treating allergies is most effective and consists in gradually reducing the sensitivity of the patient's body to a specific allergen. The principle of this therapy is the introduction into the patient's body of extremely small gradually increasing doses of the causative allergen. Thanks to the immunotherapy, immunological and clinical immunity to contact with a provoking allergen is formed, the immune response is absolutely absent. Immunotherapy is most effective if it is started at the earliest time of the disease. The average duration of this therapy is three to five years, but in many patients, after the first course, noticeable improvements begin to occur
How to get rid of allergies?
Like any other disease, the development of allergies is easier to prevent, than then long and painfully treat. To prevent the development of this disease, whenever possible, minimize all possible factors that can lead to its development. Even living in a large metropolis is possible, it is necessary simply to take more preventive measures more often: several times to ventilate the room, do wet cleaning, use moisturizing air purifiers, for the weekend must go out of town. Also, you should definitely stop smoking and not abuse household chemicals.
How to cure an allergy in a child? Children from an early age should not enter into the diet allergic products, because the immune defense of the child during this period is still being formed. Many products (cow milk, chocolate, wheat, eggs, peanuts, etc.) represent a heightened danger for babies. That is why allergists together with nutritionists strongly recommend feeding children of the first year of life exclusively with breast milk (to introduce complementary foods should be very carefully and gradually), since it is mother's milk is the main preventive agent of allergy in children.
Statistics of the distribution of allergies are truly awesome. Only a decade ago, about 25% of the population suffered from allergies on the Earth, today this figure has already overcome the threshold of 35% (in large megacities more than 55%) and if you follow closely the trend, this figure will continue to grow. The first place for allergic reactions is firmly occupied by the respiratory tract, this is 65% of all cases. Food allergy is observed in 20% of patients, and it firmly occupies the second place. A triple with 5% closes a drug allergy . The remaining 10% fall on all other numerous types of allergic reactions.