Dysbacteriosis treatment and symptoms
Dysbacteriosis is a violation of the balance of the intestinal microflora, both in the qualitative and in the quantitative ratio. This violation affects both children and adults. It can occur in the nasopharynx, in the vagina, in the intestine
The causes of intestinal dysbiosis in adults
- Due to the use of antibiotics
- With malnutrition - poisoning
- In case of immunity failure
- One of the reasons are intestinal infections
Stages of the disease
- The first stage is characterized by a decrease in the number of obligate bacteria in the intestine
- The second stage is marked by a sharp decrease in the number of lactobacilli and bifidobacteria. There is a rapid growth of pathogenic bacteria, which leads to disruption of the intestine - diarrhea, abdominal pain, bloating and flatulence.
- The third stage is characterized by an intensification of the inflammatory process, chronic diarrhea with particles of not overcooked food.
- The fourth stage is characterized by a general exhaustion of the body. There is anemia, beriberi. At this stage of dysbacteriosis, pathogenic bacteria and fungi supplant obligate bacteria
Dysbacteriosis has quite nonspecific symptoms:
- In some cases, there is an unpleasant smell from the mouth
- There are pains in the abdomen, nausea, heartburn and belching
- There are allergic reactions to completely harmless products
- Meteorisms and diarrhea appear
- There is a lack of appetite
- There is weakness and headache
It is also necessary to know that dysbacteriosis always aggravates the course of the chronic digestive tract diseases present in the body, therefore timely diagnosis and the beginning of treatment of dysbacteriosis are simply necessary
In case of problems with the digestive tract immediately go to the doctor who, on the basis of the patient's complaints and the performed examination, will assign the delivery of the corresponding tests:
- Bacteriological examination of feces
- Biochemical examination of microbial metabolites
- Chromium-mass spectrometry
Dysbacteriosis is treated for at least four to six weeks.
- Treatment includes precise diagnosis and elimination of the root cause of the disease
- Assignment of medications with those bacteria that the body lacks
- At the same time, enzymes are used for digestion (pancreatin, festal)
- Apply sorbents (activated carbon, white coal, polysorb, smect, polyphepan)
After the therapy, repeated tests must be performed to control the quality and effectiveness of the treatment.
In the event that the dysbacteriosis is a consequence of any chronic disease of the digestive tract - completely cure it is not possible. But to conduct periodically therapy, which normalizes the work of the intestines - it is necessary
Primary prophylaxis of dysbacteriosis is quite a difficult matter. To do this, it is necessary to improve the ecology, to avoid stress and the negative impact of numerous factors of the internal and external environment.
Secondary prevention means:
- Balanced diet
- Reception of antibiotics concomitantly with preparations for maintenance of intestinal microflora
In conclusion, I would like to add that self-treatment of dysbacteriosis with kefir, bioadditives and probiotics does not always result in recovery. Dysbacteriosis should be treated in a comprehensive manner, because only with the help of special drugs it is possible to effectively restore normal motor activity and the microflora of the large intestine.