Allergy to citrus fruits
Allergy to citrus fruits is one of the variants of food allergy, which most often occurs in children due to increased sensitivity to certain substances. This phenomenon is due to incorrectly flowing immune responses of antibodies to food antigens, which is manifested by diathesis and skin dermatitis. This conflict is the result of improper functioning of the body's immune defense. This is often due to increased exposure to allergens, for example, due to living in an area with poor environmental conditions
Allergy to citrus - symptoms
The symptomatology of this type of food allergy is typical for most allergic diseases, and relatively easy. Allergy to citrus in a child is characterized by both local and general manifestations. Local allergic manifestations are the following: allergic conjunctivitis (red watery eyes), allergic rhinitis (reddening, swelling and swelling of the nose, runny nose), whistling during breathing bronchial edema, allergic dermatitis (redness, itching and rash of skin), allergic otitis (leading to a decrease in hearing loss in the ear).
Usually the first symptom of citrus allergy is allergic enterocolitis, which manifests itself in a mild form with flatulence and indulgence of the stool, and in severe form - lack of appetite, expressed diarrhea, nausea, severe abdominal spastic pains and flatulence.
Allergies to citrus in children are most often limited to skin dermatitis, diathesis, itching and eruptions, here in adults, conjunctivitis and rhinitis are most common. In the absence of adequate treatment, this symptomatology often grows into such very serious diseases as eczema, laryngeal edema and anaphylactic shock , requiring immediate intensive treatment, best in the hospital department. In severe cases, an allergic reaction can cause nausea, vomiting and dizziness . Some primary signs, without the presence of severe symptoms enough to make the life of the patient unbearably heavy. Due to the fact that the body is constantly itching, a person stops sleeping, which often leads to severe physical exhaustion and finally undermines the proper functioning of the immune system. An adult in this state simply is not able to work normally, and the child learns.
Diagnosis of citrus allergies is based on a common clinical picture, a history and laboratory studies that will eliminate the symptomatic food poisoning paired with conjunctivitis
Allergy to citrus - treatment
First of all I want to say that allergic treatment for citrus fruits should be performed only by a qualified allergist, t. self-medication usually only provokes the development of exacerbation. Treatment of this type of allergic reaction, both home remedies and medicines, can be carried out exclusively according to the doctor's prescription.
Allergy to citrus - treatment with medicines
To treat the developed allergic reaction today, many methods are used. To determine the degree of disease and differentiation of allergies with psoriasis and scabies, you should consult a doctor who should prescribe a comprehensive treatment, usually including proper nutrition, physiotherapy and medication. Below we give the most common options for treating allergies:
• Treatment of allergies to citrus with obsolete medicines. This treatment consists in taking medications based on cromoglycic acid (Tileed, Nalcrom, Cromoglin). Although the treatment with these drugs is not as effective as the more modern ones, if these medications are important, there is no side effects
• Treatment of allergies with new generation drugs. Among the drugs of the new generation include the most commonly used antihistamines like Zirtek, Claritin, Xizal, Kestin. Usually the standard course of treatment is delayed by two to three months
• The most effective method of treating allergies is specific immunotherapy, which acts as a kind of vaccination. The method of this type of therapy is to introduce a tiny dose of provoking allergen to the patient, which then gradually begin to increase. In response to this, the patient begins to develop antibodies that block allergens. Despite the fact that this therapy is long enough and can take several years, its result allows you to forget about all the inconveniences experienced, because in almost a hundred percent of cases the allergy completely passes
• Treatment of glucocorticosteroids (Prednisolone, Hydrocortisone). Due to the fact that glucocorticosteroids are very strong medicines, they should be taken solely by the doctor's prescription. Because of the numerous side effects ( obesity , high blood pressure, diabetes , etc.), these drugs take no more than five days
• Usually, with skin symptoms of allergies to citrus fruits, sorbents are indicated that help accelerate the removal of allergens from the body
Hemocorrection for allergies to citrus fruits
Allergists have a fairly well-established opinion that it is almost impossible to completely get rid of this type of allergy, but it is possible to significantly reduce the manifestations of this disease. Today there appeared the newest method of complete elimination of allergy - extracorporeal hemocorrection, which allows changing the composition of blood. With the help of hemocorrection, treat other various diseases. This method allows you to remove from the blood of a patient provoking any disease factors, after which special blood products are injected into the blood and poured back into the patient's body. Symptoms of an allergy usually disappear after the initial procedure. Completely allergic to citrus fruits is cured after five to ten treatments. Extracorporeal hemocorrection is performed only in specialized clinics under close supervision of honey. of staff
Allergy to citrus - home remedies treatment
Treatment of allergy with the help of traditional medicine is very popular. Below we give the most common methods, but we can not say that they are sufficiently effective.
• Herbal preparations. We apply collections of such herbs as wormwood, birch buds, hops, duckweed, oregano and St. John's wort. Take them should be purely individual, making sure beforehand in the absence of an allergic reaction to their constituents
• Bee products (pepper, propolis) and honey. Treatment of allergies with these products is used quite often, but the main and often their decisive disadvantage is the possibility instead of getting rid of, increasing the allergic reaction
• Nettles. Infusion of nettle usually used to treat eczema, rash and urticaria. Preparation of the present: 1 tbsp. nettle flowers are poured 200 ml of boiling water, 30 minutes. infused and filtered. Take 100 ml from 3 to 5 times a day
• Japanese honeysuckle. Of the flowers and branches of this plant, the decoction used for many types of allergies
• Peppermint. Infusion of peppermint is prepared as follows: 1 tbsp. l. mint poured 100 ml of boiling water, after which it is insisted for at least 30 minutes. and then filtered. Take infusion of 1 tbsp. lies. 3 r. in a day.
• The mummy is considered the most effective in the treatment of allergies by folk remedies. 1 gram of mummy is diluted with one liter of slightly warm water. Use should be at least 20 minutes. before each meal, while drinking a little warmed-up fresh milk. Dosage intake depending on age:
From year to three - 50 ml
From three to seven years - 70 ml
After eight years - 100 ml
In the case of a severe allergic reaction, you can add one more infusion of infusion in a 50% dosage. To reduce skin symptoms, the mummy solution should be prepared more concentrated, diluting 1 gramme in 100 ml of warm water. Use this solution can be as a lotion or for lubrication. Treatment of allergy with mummies is carried out for two weeks twice a year.