Allergy to milk
Allergy to milk - has received in recent years a fairly widespread allergic reaction of the human body to a milk protein called casein, and in some people there is only intolerance to cow's milk, while goat or sheep's milk they perceive quite normally, but other people on the contrary react absolutely for all dairy products.
Pediatricians have been established and proved that in the case of early introduction into the diet of a baby milk formula based on cow's milk and cow's own milk itself, it is the most significant factor affecting the number of allergic diseases. The milk allergy develops because the protein for the still not fully formed digestive system of babies is not suitable, which is expressed in an aggressive immune response to large particles of unsplit casein molecules. The immune system recognizes them as foreign agents, producing specific antibodies in response, which appears in the form of various allergic manifestations. Allergy to milk in children is often found already from birth, and some babies develop allergy symptoms even to mother's milk.
The consequences of milk allergy on the health of the baby are affected in an unfavorable way: children suffer from constant gas formation and bloating, they often regurgitate and cry continuously, some of whom, after feeding, experience nausea and constipation .
Allergy to breast milk may occur when a woman immediately before feeding a newborn baby ate or drank some milk-containing product
Allergy to milk - the causes of development
Some people cow, goat, camel, buffalo, sheep, mare and other types of animal milk can not use for some specific reasons. The first reason is complete or partial intolerance to milk sugar (lactose). With the help of lactase (a special intestinal enzyme), lactose in the human body is split into galactose and glucose. In case of insufficient or complete absence of this enzyme, an allergy to milk develops. This type of milk intolerance is found in more than 95% of Asian residents and about 15% of Europeans. The second reason why people have to give up milk is an allergy, which is caused by the intolerance of the protein contained in the milk.
In the case of a developed allergy to cow's milk, no substitutions (for sheep, goats, etc.) are permissible because of the level of lactose and animal protein in both cow's and milk of other animals. The correct replacement will be only milk of plant origin. Below we will tell you a little more about its main types.
• Soymilk is the most common type of vegetable milk. This product is made from soybeans and cook it yourself is almost no problem. To do this, pre-soaked in warm water soybeans cook until mashed, then the resulting broth carefully drained, then filtered and cooled. In soy milk contains up to 40% protein and all the necessary minerals and amino acids
• Rice milk. This product can be bought as ready to eat, and cook yourself. Preparation at home is as follows: in the boiled rice should be added a few glasses of boiled water, then carefully beat in a blender and filter. To taste, some people add vanilla or sugar
• Oatmeal milk. This product is considered a very good remedy for the common cold. Self-oat milk is also prepared very simply: 200 grams of washed oats (with husk) should be lightly heated for a little more than an hour, then cool and drain. You can add honey or sugar to taste
• Coconut and almond milk. In its pure form, these products practically do not consume, but are used as components for dishes or cocktails. Almond milk is easy to prepare by yourself, for which you should soak the almonds in the water for the night, then grind them in a blender and filter out the liquid. Coconut milk is often the basis of sauces and soups (more often in Polynesian and Thai cuisines). Coconut and almond milk to be called safe and full-value substitutes for cow is quite difficult, because nuts themselves are often strong allergens
Allergy to milk - symptoms
Allergy to milk protein in most babies usually goes to three years, but only after a half of them develop any other kind of allergy. In case the baby is allergic to milk, most often the symptomatology develops almost immediately after the child uses the milk-containing product or the milk itself. The main symptoms of milk allergy in children:
• Nausea, the presence of constant regurgitation after feeding
• Diarrhea. Despite the fact that diarrhea is a fairly common phenomenon in newborns, the appearance of feces in the feces is a sign of a strong allergy to milk
• Skin irritation, rash
• Changed child behavior. Allergic newborn babies for a long time and often cry
• Changing the weight of a child. A serious allergic disorder may be indicated by a complete absence or a very slight increase in weight for the current age
• Increased gas formation is sometimes considered an allergic reaction to milk proteins
• Mucus in the throat and nose, difficult wheezing - common symptoms of allergy to milk proteins
• Loss of appetite and dehydration
The most common symptoms of allergy to milk are skin rashes, which include angioedema, atopic dermatitis , redness, itching and urticaria. In the presence of an allergic reaction to other allergens (allergy to mold, allergy to cats , etc.), milk allergy can be especially acute. Colds, stress and tobacco smoke can also exacerbate allergic reactions
Allergy to milk - treatment
In the case of an unambiguous diagnosis of allergies to milk, this product should be excluded from the diet. Also, you should start to closely monitor the composition of the complementary foods, since most of them are made from milk. At this stage, soybean, oatmeal and rice milk can serve as milk substitutes.
After a few months it is necessary to carefully try to teach the baby to milk, gradually introducing into its diet dairy products in minimum quantities, as it has been proven that it is the sour-milk products that the children's organism perceives more loyally. To adapt the baby to milk proteins, small amounts of kefir or / and cooked cottage cheese should be introduced into the diet. In the absence of an allergic reaction, you can check how the baby will react to homemade yogurts. However, purchased dairy products should continue to be avoided.
заключается в кормлении малыша безмолочными смесями, или смесями, в основе которых лежит молоко растительного происхождения. Diet for allergies to milk is to feed the baby dairy-free mixtures, or mixtures, which are based on milk of vegetable origin. In the case of complete exclusion of milk from the daily diet, the diet for allergies should be made taking into account the replenishment of the body's need for calcium, since it is milk that is its main supplier to the baby's body. If there is an allergy to milk in adults, to fill the intake of calcium should be introduced into the daily diet of fish dishes, vegetables and nuts.
The most effective prevention of allergy to milk in a newborn child is his complete absence (in addition to the naturally maternal) in the infant's diet for up to a year. If breastfeeding is possible for this period, it should not be neglected. Fodder mixtures should be bought adapted, not containing cow's milk. After a year, pediatricians recommend injecting milk into the diet gradually, initially in proportion to the boiled water 1:10, while observing very carefully the reaction of the child. In the case of the slightest suspicion of an allergic reaction, the introduction of milk should be stopped immediately, and the baby should be shown to a specialist.