Allergy to alcohol

аллергия на алкоголь фото Allergy to alcohol is a fairly common disease caused by various components of alcoholic beverages. Like any substance ingested in the body, alcohol in addition to a truly destructive effect on all systems and organs of the body, can provoke the development of an allergic response to immune defense. The fact that many people who drink even occasionally people feel itching and reddening of the skin after using any alcoholic beverage by the norm is in fact often the first signal of an allergy manifestation

Allergy to Alcohol - Causes

In addition to ethyl alcohol, which is the main component of most alcoholic beverages, alcohol allergy can be caused by such numerous additives and components as flavors, polyphenolic compounds, synthetic dyes, etc. In the hot drinks, the main allergens are polysaccharides (thickeners, cellulose, starch, pectin) and protein substances. Alcohol allergy is both acquired and hereditary.

Acquired allergy to alcohol develops in people due to the systematic use of low-quality alcoholic beverages with a large number of different chemical impurities and dyes. In the event that a person drinks alcohol in small quantities and only on large holidays, he does not need to pay attention to the red spots on his arms, neck and face after using a glass of champagne. Most people believe that this is a food allergy to a product that is in a very wide range presented at any festive event. However, if in addition to red spots begins to manifest and other symptoms, represented by lowering blood pressure, increased fatigue, skin flaking and severe headache - you can very likely talk about alcohol allergies.

Hereditary allergy to alcohol is most often manifested in the whole genus, both on the maternal and paternal lines. In the case of a hereditary form of allergy, a person in any quantity can not consume any alcohol. Otherwise, even after a tiny dose of alcoholic beverage, it can develop not only intolerable headaches and vomiting, but also such an extremely dangerous and serious condition as anaphylactic shock .

Many common and champagne wines contain sulfuric anhydride, which is also used in the wine industry to stabilize the initial wort. In some people, these sulfur compounds cause a very strong allergic reaction.

Allergy after alcohol can be caused by a deficiency in the body of the enzyme dehydrogenase aldehyde, which after ingestion of alcohol, to prevent toxic damage, recycles it into acetic acid. In the case of a deficiency of this enzyme, there is a strong poisoning of the body and as a consequence - an acute allergic reaction

Allergy to alcohol - symptoms

Symptoms of alcohol allergy at the initial stages of the development of the disease are expressed rather weakly and usually show only reddish spots on the skin. Then, after some time, various metabolic disorders begin to appear - strong headaches develop, constipation appears, chronic intestinal diseases become worse, gastritis appears. In some cases, panic attacks and fainting may occur.

If you do not take all the necessary measures in a timely manner, you may develop such extremely dangerous symptoms as hemolytic crisis, Quincke's edema , bronchial spasm and anaphylactic shock.

Typical for allergy to alcohol symptoms:

• After drinking alcohol, redness of the trunk, hands, face is observed

• After drinking the usual dose of alcohol, a very rapid intoxication occurs

• Red spots appear on the torso, neck and face, dryness, peeling and cracking of the skin may occur

• Pain in the stomach, nausea and vomiting

• Puffiness of the skin of the face, rashes, itchy skin

• Increased body temperature, asthma attacks, runny nose

• Severe headaches , tidal to the head of blood

• Tachycardia, increased blood pressure

The true allergy after drinking alcohol is actually much less common than people diagnose it themselves. In most cases, this allergy means complaints that people associate with the after-effects of alcohol after effects. Usually it is the appearance of itchy red spots on the skin, or filled with transparent contents of small bubbles. These symptoms are very similar to the symptoms of alcoholic allergy, but do not forget that usually at any festive table a person often uses delicacies, rarely present in his daily diet. So, an allergic reaction can develop on these products.

In some cases, there may be an allergy to alcohol, which treats injection site injections. However, due to the fact that pure alcohol is used very rarely in medical institutions today, and boric and salicylic acids are part of the disinfection solution used, an allergy can occur not on the alcohol itself, but specifically on these components.

Diagnosis of alcohol allergy is no different from diagnostic procedures in determining other types of allergic diseases. A biochemical blood test, an immunoenzyme and a skin test are carried out. In case if the alcohol allergy has been confirmed, there are following ways out of this situation: complete refusal of alcoholic beverages and minimizing the risk of alcoholic allergy development. This is in principle possible if the following recommendations are adhered to:

• It is mandatory to use only high-quality alcohol products, without polysaccharides, protein compounds, chemical additives and dyes

• When drinking alcohol, be sure to observe the measure, since tasting good alcohol should enjoy a bouquet of the taste of the drink, rather than being in a coma from its excessive consumption

• To your condition when you drink alcohol should be treated very carefully, since allergy is usually caused by far not all alcoholic products. It should be followed, after what kind of drink began to manifest allergic symptoms and refuse to use it

In case of an allergic reaction to alcohol, alcoholic beverages with a complex composition like moonshine, whiskey and tequila should be completely ruled out. It is best to switch to the use of an exceptionally good cognac, it contains tannins that reduce the permeability of the intestinal barrier.

In the case of an irregular development of an allergic reaction and the absence of its direct connection with the dose and a specific alcoholic beverage, close attention should be paid to the food products consumed together with alcohol, since it is they, and not alcohol, that can cause allergic manifestations

Allergy to alcohol - treatment

Full and irrevocable refusal of alcohol is the best way to get rid of alcoholic allergy. In the case of a developed strong alcohol dependence, there are special rehabilitation programs, where a person with alcoholism is taught to live without alcohol.

Many alcohol drinkers often wonder whether it is possible and if so, how to cure an allergy to alcohol, while still being able to drink as before, but there were no allergic reactions? Such people want to upset, as according to experts, with established alcohol dependence, neither medicinal, nor psychotherapeutic, nor physiotherapy methods can not guarantee the consumption of alcoholic beverages without the development of any further consequences.

In the case when there are no signs of alcoholism in a person, it is possible to reduce the risk of allergic reactions to alcohol consumption by giving up poor quality alcohol with various additives and dyes. In case the alcohol allergy has already developed, the best option is a complete refusal of alcohol.

After the detection of allergy to alcohol, preferably without delaying, you should seek help from an allergist, and not engage in self-medication, because most drugs for allergy with alcohol are not compatible and can cause any unpredictable reaction of the body.